Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Little Slice of Heaven

I made a post a while back about how I'm still a little kid when it comes to fishing and hunting trips. I am now a little over three weeks out from a pilgrimage to the absolute pinnacle of warm water fishing in Texas and I'm having trouble getting to sleep. The little slice of Heaven I'm referring to is Caddo Lake.

Five or Six of us hairy legged fly fishermen make a point to meet there at least twice a year to cool our jets, make fun of each other and fly fish until we can't. Nobody washes their pits; nobody shaves, and everybody snores. We fry all our food and eat like Vikings. This goes on for several days until we've all heard each others jokes a dozen times and somebody breaks down and takes a shower. The next morning we break camp, say our goodbyes and scatter to the four winds. As I said, a little slice of Heaven.

Do any of you guys take trips like this? I'd love to hear about them. And, don't worry I'll post plenty of pictures when I get back...

D