Sunday, January 10, 2010

Brrrr!

Here it is the second week of the newly hatched year and we’re still in the deep freeze down here in Texas. It’s only been since just before Christmas but I’m about to go stir crazy. I’ve got several things I could or should be working on but I just can’t seem to get motivated. I want to be outside. I want to go FISHING.

The other night, me and a friend of mine were doing much of what I’m doing here; whining about being cooped up in the house because of freezing temps and stiff water. The conversation veered toward all the poor souls that love to fly fish and have to suffer the winters in the Northern tier of the United States.

I’m spoiled by living here where 9 winters out of 10 are warm enough to fish nearly everyday. Being so spoiled, I have a hard time seeing how fly fishermen that live in areas with a colder climate cope. I love to tie flies but don’t think I could sit down and tie for 3 or 4 months straight.

With that being said; I have a couple questions to ask the readers that are snowbound. How do you do it, & What do you do?