Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Insight

In the last post, I showed you guys a rod that I rebuilt a few years ago. Since then I’ve rebuilt several more as well as built up several on various blanks. It didn’t take long for me to recognize that I have a passion for building fly rods but, I wanted to do more than just wrap guides and turn cork.

I began researching ways to bring my own line of fly rods to the public. It took a couple years but I’m happy to announce that I’ve found a company to build fly rods to my specifications. It will be a time consuming process of test, tweak and retest, but it is happening. In fact, the first batch of prototype rods are en route to my front door as we speak.

This is just a little insight into what’s coming up in the next few months. Keep checking T.D.F. for updates. I’ll post build information and pictures of the whole process.