Thursday, July 23, 2009

Phil Baldacchino at Kettle Creek Tackle Shop

I orderd a 8' 4/5wt Riffle Glass blank from Phil at his Kettle Creek Tackle shop last week. It arrived at my doorstep yesterday busted up pretty bad. I was sick. I'd been thinking about building a rod on one of his blanks for nearly a year now and was super stoked that I pulled the trigger and it came in. I'd heard some folks had some bad experiences with Phil and I was worried about how the situation would turn out.

I called Phil this morning and he sounded as sick as I was about the blank being broken. I told him I had taken pictures of it and asked if he wanted them as proof that I wasn't trying to run a scam. He instantly declined and said that a new blank was on its way. Customer service goes a long way with me. I'll be back for sure.